Our website uses cookies. You can read how we use them on our Web Privacy page

Separation - Family Law Legal Help, Solicitor Advice and Support in Northamptonshire and Milton Keynes
Home | About| Solicitors| Contact & Opening Times| Payments| Testimonials| Complaints| Web Privacy


Whether you are married, unmarried or in a same sex relationship, we can advise you about separation.

Co-habitation can have a detrimental effect on a personís finances. We can advise you of the steps to take in the event of a break up. We can advise upon housing, joint bank accounts, responsibility for the children, wills, pensions and sharing possessions.

Where the property is in your partnerís sole name, we can advise you as to whether you may be able to make a claim in respect of that property. The law in relation to property disputes between co-habitees is not straightforward. It is a very difficult and changing area of the law and cases will turn on their facts as determined by a judge in Court if it is not apparent from documents. Hence, it is often very difficult to advise or predict what the outcome of a case is going to be in all but the most straightforward of cases. We can advise you as to the possible outcome of your case.

The agreement that is reached can be set out in a Deed of Separation, recording the terms of that agreement, and each party will have a copy of the Deed of Separation for their records. We can prepare that document for you or advise you upon the contents of a Deed of Separation if it is prepared by your ex partner's solicitor.